A friend of mine asked for some ideas on where to take his girlfriend out for a date in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I sent the question to my co-workers and this is what they came up with below. Let me know if you have any other ideas.
- Harrisuburg Senator’s Games: http://www.
- Susquehanna Art Museum : http://www.sqart.org/ From there you could walk a few blocks for a nice dinner.
- Color me mine if they’re an artistic person, you can make your own pieces of pottery and come back later to see how they turned out:http://www.harrisburg.
- Really good restaurants that I would recommend in the area: Skewers on Second Street: http://www.
skewersgrill.net/(right by Ceoltas) has excellent middle eastern food; Aangan: http://www. aanganindiancuisine.com/( Indian cuisine) on Progress, Garrison’s tavern (europena/american) on Forrester), Okini that serves Pan-Ameican food:http://www. dineoutharrisburg.com/okini/– anything from Thai to Sushi.
- Take her horseback riding that’s always super fun.
- · Go on a hike up to Hawk Rock and already have a picnic set up there for the two of you to enjoy the view, it’s really nice.
- · Café Fresco. It is small, intimate and has great food and service. On Friday nights they have Jazz bands. It is close to everything and best of all NON-smoking:http://harrisburg.
citysearch.com/profile/ 36096432/harrisburg_pa/cafe_ fresco.html
- Definitely make sure at least one date includes a walk along the river.
- Dinner at Bayou ar Sammys, followed by a stroll to city island to catch a Senators game or show off your skills in the bating cages.
- Dinner at passage to India, then a ride on a bicycle rickshaw around down town, then drinks at fisaga or the fire house.
- Indoor Rock Climbing @ Climbnasium in Mechanicsburg (http://www.climbnasium.net)
- Find a body of water (Little Buffalo State Park, Riverfront park, Susquehanna in general ) and during the daytime you could do the whole kayaking and fishing thing and pack a picnic for a twilight show…share a bottle of wine that’s always fun…
- Lol… One co-worker said the best thing to do in Harrisburg is to take them to Philly!